1. Love yourself. That doesn’t mean liking everything, but you have to be gentle with yourself, little one. You’re still growing and bumps and bruises are to be expected. No one is born perfect.
2. Get bras that fit.
3. Thigh gaps are due only to skeletal structure. If you don’t have it, you never will. Don’t starve yourself to get an un reachable body.
4. Treats are part of life, so plan for them instead of trying to avoid them. Don’t feel guilty when you eat that chocolate. It’s all part of the plan.
5. Your parents are still proud of you and still love you even when you drive them crazy.
6. Not everyone has your parents. You have no right to judge them for their anger if you don’t know their story
7. We are all human.
8. Learn to harness your anger. Don’t let it control you.
9. He loves you so much.
10. Your family loves you so much too, and they were there first. Balance. Don’t spend all your attention on the significant other.
11. If you want to wear nice panties, do it. You’re the only one who’ll know, but it still is nice to have pretty things, and it feels better when it’s a secret anyways. You are the lacy avenger.
12. Don’t assume pronouns. Apologize for misgendering.
14. Speak up.
15. High school does not define your relationships with others for the rest of your life. It’s okay to have evolving friendships. It’s okay if finding your voice means arguments now and then.